Accounting Services Manager
The Accounting Manager is responsible for successfully managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting/bookkeeping team comprised of Document Management, Payroll, Write-Up, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Client Onboarding, Office Admin Support, Financial Review and Reporting. A key component of this position is fostering and managing client relationships as well as monitoring staff productivity and developing initiatives to enhance job performance. Documenting procedures, anticipating and determining staffing needs, as well as managing the hiring and training process for new staff is paramount.
· Assist with client discovery calls, intake management and onboarding.
· Oversee the process of hiring and training new staff.
· Manage adherence to terms of client agreement (ensure staff is clear on deliverables of client agreement).
· Workflow Management: Oversee efficient and effective workflow.
· Delegate and manage client assignments.
· Evaluate team performance and provide feedback.
· Assist with identifying and applying career advancement opportunities.
· Help to resolve employee issues and disputes.
· Enforce the adherence to strict reporting deadlines.
· Prepare and manage the utilization of the review checklists and document processes for each client to eliminate reporting errors.
· Assist with ensuring that all assigned tasks are properly entered into Teamwork and the staff is properly utilizing Teamwork to effectively support our clients.
· Ensure that the team is held accountable for attendance, logging and properly tracking time, including sick time and vacations.
· Work with CEO & VP of Operations to implement and manage a training system and ensure that all internal training requirements including cross-training is completed in a timely manner.
· Ensure that staff is staying on top of communication with clients and delivering ad-hoc requests in a timely manner.
· Work with team to ensure that client year-end reporting requirements are met and year-end reports and or back up files are sent to clients’ accountants for taxes in a timely manner.
· Implement system to facilitate the smooth processing of annual 1099s.
· Ensure that you can attest to the complete accuracy of all financial reports sent out to clients.
· Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), financial regulations, and tax laws.
· High ethical standards and a commitment to maintaining financial integrity and confidentiality.
· Uncompromising attention to detail along with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to achieve desired goals.
· Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills; staying on top of and meeting deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to interpret financial data and make informed decisions.
· Self-directed ability to assume a high degree of responsibility with minimal supervision.
· Clear and effective communication skills (verbal and written).
· Ability to be proactive and in-tune with clients' and staff needs.
· Facilitate and contribute to process improvement and system implementations.
· Ability to think strategically and make decisions that align with the organization's objectives.
· Being open to new ideas and change, with the goal of always serving our clients and improving processes.
· The ability to effectively and successfully manage people and projects.
· A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is preferred.
· A master's degree or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) would be an asset.
· Proven experience as a bookkeeper or in a similar financial role.
· Proficiency in accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, Xero) and Microsoft Excel.
· Strong understanding of financial principles and practices.
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience: 5 years minimum, at least 2 in a leadership role in accounting, or auditing or finance.
· Proficiency in financial software, accounting systems and Microsoft Excel.
· Familiarity with QuickBooks Online and/or QuickBooks Desktop is a plus.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong communication and leadership abilities.
How to Apply: Please submit a copy of your resume and application along with your SALARY EXPECTATIONS to email@example.com or via LinkedIn. Applications without compensation requirements will not be considered.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2023
Interview Process: Shortlisted candidates will be screened by our recruiting officers prior to scheduling an initial interview.
Who We Are: ABK4U partners with clients to help them take control of their bookkeeping and finances in a way that streamlines their workflow, frees up their time, eliminate cashflow problems and gives them the tools to make business decisions with confidence.
Contact Information: For additional information you may call our offices at (876) 822-6060.
This position is a full-time on-site position which requires candidates to work regular office hours Mondays – Fridays on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Additionally, to better serve our clients, Jamaican holidays will be interchanged with US holidays.
We look forward to receiving your applications as we seek to fill this position with the ideal candidate.